If you want to help contribute to the DR:Oregon chapter, and get some nice rewards, but cannot commit to the writing requirements of being an ST, consider being a Rules Marshal. We are taking applications now for several open positions.
– Are expected to represent DR:Oregon, and DR: National in the best possible way at all times, both in and out of game.
-Are expected to respond to communication from Directors and Team Leads within 24 hours, even if this is just a “message received” acknowledgment.
-Are expected to attend DR:Oregon games whenever they are able.
-Are expected to inform the Directors via email if they need to miss a game as soon as possible, preferably with two weeks notice.
-Are expected to help with setup and teardown on event weekends. This includes both signing up for needed set-up and clean-up shifts as well as assisting with general labor as needed.
-Are expected to be positive members of the DR community.
-Ensure game, network, and community rules and standards are upheld.
-Work 6 hours at game from game-on to game-off.
-Be well versed in the rules, standards, and practices of DR. While memorizing all rules is not necessary, marshals must be able to recognize when they need to reference the written rule set for confirmation and separate the actual rules from tribal knowledge and misunderstanding.
-Sign up for a set-up or cleanup shift. If there are not enough marshals it may be necessary to sign up for both.
-Approach all situations with a polite, friendly, customer service positive manner.
– Work 6 hours with the Storytellers running modules in the field.
– Facilitate NPC’s getting into costume and understanding upcoming modules.
– Promote an atmosphere of minimum down time in NPC land.
– Receive the 2 buyable xp for free for all characters registered at a DR:Oregon event.
– Special training opportunities.
– An opportunity to influence story and game direction through input with Storytellers and Directors.
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org listing relevant experience.
This is a volunteer position.